From the Galley - END OF VEG SOUP!
Got a fridge full of leftover veg?
If you have a few bits of tatty old veg in your locker or your fridge after Christmas - as long as they are still edible, why not make a soup. Using a pressure cooker its dead easy to make a tasty soup for all your crew. Its a fiery soup with a great bite of chilli and ginger.
You can use almost any veg, but a base with celery and onions makes a good flavoursome stock for any soup.
3 cloves of garlic
Slab of fresh ginger
1 tablespoon of Tomato purée
1/2 teaspoon of Garam Masala
1/2 pack of Spinach
1. Sauté finely chopped garlic, onions, chilli, and ginger
2. Add finely chopped celery, potatoes and carrots and tomato purée
3. Season to taste and add the Garam Masala
4. Add water and roughly chopped spinach
5. Bring to the boil
6. Place lid on and simmer for 15 minutes
7. Leave to stand for 10 minutes
8. Take lid off and serve with brown hot crusty bread and butter