From the Galley - PROVOLONE CHEESE
Great food comes from Argentina and this is one of their traditional dishes served up before the BBQ.
Sandra from Ruby's Rascal whose native country is Argentina shared this recipe with me, found this cheese in a specialist Italian Deli near Cork, Ireland.
The dish uses Provolone which is a special cheese which can be found in specialist Italian/Argentine delis around the world. It comes in mild or strong flavour and tastes a little like Parmesan. The cheese when cooked in an oven or on a BBQ bubbles and browns, then eat as a starter or nibbles.
A big slab of Provolone cheese, large enough to fill your cooking dish
Sun-dried tomato paste
1. Sauté half an onion, place in the bread tin
2. Sprinkle some of the sun-dried tomato and fennel paste
3. Cut cheese to fit the tin (you will need a slice about a 2 cm thick
4. Sprinkle the top with Oregano dried herbs
5. Place in oven and cook for 15 mins until bubbling
The amazing quality about this dish is that when it goes cold it goes really hard, but it can be resurrected, just place back in the oven and it goes soft and bubbly again.
Rich, but really delicious.