Antigua Classic Regatta 2018 - Sponsored by Boatshed.com
Boatshed sponsor The Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta, its got to be the No1 classic sailing event in the Caribbean.
"The magical combination of serious racing, laid-back Antiguan hospitality, plenty of rum, sunshine, and great camaraderie in a friendly relaxed atmosphere, places the Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta in a class of its own."
"One of the most beautiful sailing events on the planet"Alexis Andrews
Have you seen the film Vanishing Sail yet ? Vanishing Sail film
“Everyone here is on the same level, whether you come in flip flops or private jet. We’re here for the sailing.”Kenny Coombs
- Tuesday - Volunteers party and briefing (look out for the Burgundy Team Tees)
- Wednesday - Welcome Party, live music, food, Rum
- Thursday - Single Handed RACE 14.00
- Friday - RACE 1 - Old Road 10.00
- Friday - Mount Gay Rum competition 16.30
- Friday - Single Handed Race Trophy Presentation
- Friday - Sea Shanty competition 18.30
- Saturday - RACE 2 - Butterfly 10.00
- Saturday - Owners Cocktail Party
- Sunday - RACE 3 - Kenny Coombs Memorial Cannon
- Sunday - Parade of Yachts Nelsons Dock yard 13.30
- Monday - RACE 4 - Windward 10.00
- Monday - Prize giving 10.30
- Tuesday - Gig Racing and Cream Tea Party 14.00 - 17.30
Daily shore side activities include cold Wadadli beer, Mount Gay Rum, live music, open mic night and the really entertaining Sea Shanty Competition.
Watch out for the daily reports on Boatshed.