From the Galley - EASY BOAT BREAD RECIPE
If you are looking to bake bread onboard your boat, this easy to follow recipe has been tried and tested by the Boatshed Team.
You can vary this bread recipe by using different flours, grains & nuts. I always make the dough soft so I can pour it into a tin and avoid the dough with my hands!
Packet of dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
500g flour *
150g nuts and seeds *
1 tbsp. oil
600ml lukewarm water
* I used 300g of wheat flour, 100g spelt flour, 100g whole wheat flour
* I used 70g pumkin seeds, 30g pine nuts, 50g chopped walnuts
1. Mix all dry ingredients
2. Add oil and water and mix thoroughly
3. Let wet dough rise 45 mins approx somewhere warm
4. Pour dough into the tin and bake for 35 mins approx on high temperature
5. After 20-25 minutes turn the bread upside down to cook for further 10 mins.
6. Take out and cool.
Thanks to Signe Stoor from Denmark, cruising on Capibara for pictures and recipe