From the Galley - FLAP JACK
This gluten free, healthy, moorish snack makes a great bite in-between meals when sailing.
Brown sugar 45g
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Rice Flakes 100g
Whole hazel nuts hand full
Chopped almonds hand full
Broken walnuts hand full
Non sulphured apricots hand full (chopped finely)
Teaspoon of vanilla paste.
1. Place sugar, syrup, oil and butter in a saucepan and melt, turn the heat off
2. Weigh out the rest of the ingredients
3. When pan mix is melted pour in all the ingredients and stir well.
4. Scoop into greased shallow tins with grease proof paper so you can lift the biscuits out when they are cooked.
5. A tip here is to press the mixture down hard in the baking tray and score your slices with a knife.
6. Cook for 25 minutes (approx) on 175.
If you need this recipe to be dairy free too, replace the butter with olive oil and you can add an egg to help it bind together.