From the Galley - Mozambique Tuna Curry
This is fresh and fiery curry which was first cooked for us on Guernsey in the Channel Isles. Its a wet curry with lots of fresh tasting juices, the ginger gives a nice bit of heat and the tuna is really tender.
Great to eat in a bowl with plenty of rice to soak up juices whilst watching the world go by.
4 Garlic cloves
1 table spoon of tomato purée
Red pepper (diced)
Fresh ginger (diced)
Medium curry powder
black pepper, salt
Rice - white or brown
Cooking instructions -
1. Sauté the garlic, onion, tomatoes and tomatoes purée
2. Then add the red pepper, ginger, celery and carrot
3. Add water to totally cover the sauce
4. Boil for 10 minutes, then simmer for a further for 40 mins
5. Add Tuna when the sauce is cooked, simmer for 10 minutes, then leave to stand for 10 minutes.