How to buy a boat? The process
Before you travel to view a boat, check out all pictures and video of every boat for sale. Our brokers take all their own pictures so you can see the up to date information and full inventory of each boat.
Buying a boat the process
• Before you travel: view up to 80 photos, video and a detailed spec for each boat.
• Every boat has been visited and photographed by us personally, so we can talk in detail about the boat you are interested in.
• We also can offer advice on any negotiation, will always accompany you on a viewing when you want to physically see the boat, plus as boaters ourselves, add help and practical advice on boat ownership.
• If you make an offer we always communicate all offers to the owner and negotiate if required.
• Once your offer is accepted, a 10% deposit secures the boat for further inspection by a qualified surveyor.
• This deposit is kept in a secure client account and the boat is now placed “under offer”, preventing further bids until you decided to complete the purchase.
• Boatshed recommend you have a survey and when the deposit clears, the survey can be arranged.
• You choose a surveyor and cover any costs associated with your survey.
If the survey goes well and you proceed to purchase, the balance of monies are due via the Client Account prior to ownership transfer.
• Should the survey not go well and you choose to withdraw your offer for the boat, then your deposit is refunded.
• We handle all negotiation between parties, paper work, title & brokerage issues.
• We hand over the boat documents and the boat is now sold