Set Sail for the 5th Poole Harbour Boat Show!
The fifth annual Poole Harbour Boat Show, in association with Sunseeker, will return to our shores this June, from its award-winning home, the Poole Quay Boat Haven. With over 32,000 people in attendance in 2018 the Show, organised by Poole Harbour Commissioners, continues to be the biggest-ever, FREE to attend Boat Show on the south coast. The Boat Show’s ambitions and theme are to get people ‘on the water’, particularly young people.
In addition to more than an anticipated 200 exhibitors, over 100 boats will be on the water, including tall ships, celebrity style yachts and motors cruises. There will also be an impressive line-up of ‘on the water’ activities and workshops which includes:
· Taster sessions: For those who want to see which water sport suits them best, there will be FREE taster sessions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Paddle boarding, kayaking and dinghy sailing will be provided by Rockley Watersports and there will also be cruiser sailing provided by the Yacht Clubs of Poole.
· Racing: Visitors to the show will be able to see dinghy and yacht racing over the weekend. The 2019 Poole Bay 100 Power Boat Racing will make Poole Harbour its base over the weekend of the Boat Show. Power Boats will arrive on Friday 7th and racing will take place on Saturday 8th June. Visitors to the Boat Show will be able to view the boats in between races. http://www.poolebay100.co.uk
· Demonstrations: There will be a number of exciting demonstrations across the weekend, including the RNLI and Poole Harbour Commissioners putting on fascinating displays which show what their work involves on a day to day basis. The Newfoundland dogs will impress visitors with a spectacular water rescue performed by a 14 stone, lifesaving Newfoundland dog.
· Firework Display: The stunning and ever- impressive Friday and Saturday evening firework displays are always popular events. This year’s fireworks are sponsored by Sibbett Gregory and Brittany Ferries, respectively. Start time is 21:45 on both evenings.
· Freefall Parachute Display Team: The Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME) freefall parachute display team, will be landing directly in the harbour. Sponsored by WQI Marine Ltd. Display time: 4pm on Saturday 8th June.
· Official opening: Friday 7th June – Sailor and Vendee Globe competitor, Pip Hare will be opening the Show.
· Live Music Stage: There will be free family entertainment, with a live music stage creating a central feature, with a packed agenda of bands, choirs and entertainment. There will also be a family picnic area with a sandpit for children to enjoy and perhaps even the odd piece of treasure to find!
The show will open daily from 10am – 6pm, Friday 7th – Sunday 9th June. For further details visit: pooleharbourboatshow.co.uk.
The Poole Harbour Boat Show is being supported by Sunseeker, Sibbett Gregory, Coleman Marine Insurance, Conker Spirit, Elite Signs, Greenslade Pleasure Boats, PKF Francis Clark, Lester Aldridge, British Marine Wessex, MS Amlin, WQI Marine, Brittany Ferries, Rockley Watersports and media partners Bournemouth Daily Echo and Wave 105.